Full Job Description
We believe that supporting someone to live independently is one of the most rewarding things you can do for someone. The people we support are incredible people and have various care needs and different lifestyles. We’re looking for empathetic people who are understanding and compassionate, to provide support that will enhance peoples’ lives every day and represent the ethos of the company.
You must have a full, clean driver’s licence & your own transport (with Insurance that includes business travel) as travelling is an essential part of this post.
You must have at least 2 years’ experience; this role means that you will support different people, with different needs. You will be ‘lone working’ and therefore need to take responsibility for providing emotional, social, medical and material needs of the people you support.
- Be able to provide various elements of ‘personal care’ when required
- Good Communicator – Effective Listener
- Passionate about actively supporting people with learning disabilities
Understanding that the post requires flexibility including working evenings, weekends and sleeps – sometimes at. short notice.
- Referral bonuses
- Excellent support 24/7, respect and leadership from our team
- Competitive Pay
- Casual dress policy
- Full comprehensive training program
- Lump sum payment once you have completed the Care Certificate
- Excellent career progression opportunites
- We offer specialised training to suit your own development
- 5.6 weeks per year paid holiday (enhanced pay on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day)
- Long Service enhanced hourly pay
- Ongoing learning and development
- Contributorypension provided
- Bike to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible or structured working schedule